(Written while waiting for several MiniDV tapes to be captured)
1. Capture full tape in X segments
Sometimes, for a simple offline edit, I just want to capture a full tape. Why isn’t Final Cut smart enough to just capture the full tape in, say, ten minute chunks, finishing with a shortend if the full tape wasn’t used?
2. Pause capturing
This is pretty self explanatory, but seriously, why can’t you do this? And in a similar vein, wouldn’t it be cool if you could:
3. Auto-suspend capture when CPU usage exceeds, say, 80%
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a capture attempt that was almost done aborted because I was trying to do one too many things on my computer…
4. Ability to keep the good portion of an aborted capture attempt
5. Capture off a tape for X minutes, timecode breaks be damned!
A user should be able to tell FCP to capture the next X number of minutes of a tape, without aborting due to a timecode break without having to resort to using Capture Now.
6. Ability to toggle preview sound on and off midway through capture
Related Articles:The Best 5 Cameras for Documentary Filmmaking
Top DSLRs for Documentary Filmmaking
List: The Best Books About Documentary Filmmaking
10 Funniest Documentaries of All Time
5 Must-Have Documentary Filmmaking Accessories